Monday, February 18, 2008

Bye Bye Dex!

I've been using the DexCom STS seven for several months now. It has been a great experience, I've seen some improvement in my HBA1C and managed avoiding more lows than pre CGM. Unfortunately, the $240 a month is too expensive for me to continue to pay out-of-pocket, so I've adjusted my last basal rate with Dex. Now that I'm stable, it's time to say bye bye to Dex.

I've put in an insurance claim with Federal BCBS, and I'm anxiously awaiting what I'm sure will the first of many rejections. So, until I'm approved, adios!

If you're interested in CGMs, check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetescgms/ to learn about CGMs and all about battling insurance companies to obtain coverage.

3 comments:

Bernard said...

Gary

So how did your BCBS claim work out?

Have you signed the CGMS anti-denial petition?

Panarea said...

Our firm -Panarea Software- is proud to announce the release of “The body and type 1 diabetes: A guide for kids and their families”. This is the first Iphone/Ipod Touch Application specifically designed for kids with Type 1 diabetes.

With this educational application, children with Type 1 diabetes will have fun while learning how to monitor and manage their condition. This innovative application uses content developed by diabetes experts, animated graphics, engaging audio and a number of interactive activities.

This is a FREE application.

We’d like to invite you to download “The body and type 1 diabetes: A guide for kids and their families” by clicking here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/managing-type-1-diabetes-a/id351202743?mt=8

We would appreciate if you could review our application and give us feedback for future versions; as well as help us spread the word among your readers.

Website: www.panarea.com.ar/diabetes
Mail: diabetes@panarea.com.ar
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PanareaDiabetes
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000693776828

Jeff said...

Hi Gary,

I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
-Jeff